When you’re a Creative Director at Ubi MTL, you define and communicate the high-level vision that shapes the game we produce.
Responsible for setting the overall creative direction, you foster an environment of collective creativity that inspires teams to come up with the best ideas that they can to support it.
You keep everyone’s efforts channeled towards the same goal, the same common vision. You make sure that every choice made throughout production fits the feel of the game and brings its intended experience to life to players across the globe.
What you’ll do
- Define a clear, cohesive creative vision for the game.
- Work closely with other core team members to develop their specific parts of the vision + unify your concepts to tie together all design, graphic, narrative, and technical elements.
- Communicate (and emphasize) the creative direction across the production floor to guide teams.
- Pitch the game vision to the editorial team and upper management + represent your team and the project to them.
- Validate the consistency and quality of the game + ensure creative alignment between branding, experience, and strategy.
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the producer.
- Travel locally and abroad to present the game, meet with external partners, visit co-development studios, etc.
What you bring
- Around 7 years of leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience): you’re a creative leader with a vision for the future of games
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you have the know-how to comfortably communicate with all disciplines (programming, art, design, marketing, and so on)
- A highly collaborative and innovative spirit
- The ability to take technical and production feasibility into account when coming up with concepts
- Mentorship: you’re motivated to share your expertise to guide the next generation of creatives
- Autonomy in using presentation and design tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and their limitations
- Familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira)
- A solid understanding of the market & a (fiery) passion for video games
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.