A new multiplatform Ubisoft AAA project is currently seeking a full-time Senior Character Artist, based in our Chengdu studio. We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented and experienced talent.
This person will anticipate and find solutions to problems that may occur within the team and strive to have an effective character art workflow for production.
What you will do
- Leading the development of high-quality AAA characters
- Creation and maintenance of a prospering art culture and technical guidance within the Character Art Team, through training, mentoring, and reviewing assets for quality
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing the Character Art Team’s tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Organizing work and backlog using project management/ planning tools i.e. Jira
- Working together with producers, leads, directors and external teams to push project quality
- Balancing quality and efficiency of character work to reach the best results within given time frames
What you should be equipped with
- 5+ years game industry production experience
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya 2016, Autodesk 3ds max 2014, Adobe Photoshop CC, and/or other modelling, rigging, material and texture creation tools
- Experience with next gen game development and physically based rendering expertise
- Written English is required but oral English is a plus
- Knowledge of additional software such as Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer is a plus
- Experience as lead is a plus
- Proactive and initiative mindset is needed
Established in 2008, Ubisoft Chengdu is one of the key game studios in western China and a full-fledged production center, with over 320 talents contributing to Ubisoft’s line-up. We have a strong track record of co-development on Ubisoft’s biggest brands such as Assassin’s Creed®, Skull and Bones™ and For Honor®, as well as developing casual games such as Rabbids party game and bringing hit titles to Switch.
Meanwhile, we are also a pioneer in cutting-edge technology driving Ubisoft’s “games as a service (GAAS)” ethos. Chengdu’s technology team develops products that empower production teams to make educated, data-driven decisions on hit Ubisoft brands.