Build Engineer (DevOps)
In 2016, Ubisoft Philippines opened as the first and only AAA game development studio in the country. Since then, the studio has grown to around 150 professionals, co-developing the following flagship franchises: Assassin's Creed (AC): Odyssey, AC: Origins, AC III Remaster, AC Liberation and AC Rogue on Nintendo Switch, For Honor, Skull & Bones, The Crew 2 and more upcoming unannounced projects.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment and services in the world. We are located in the emerging central business district in the South of Manila, with a lush, green, family-friendly ecosystem. Our building is within DLSU Laguna, our partner university whom we have been working closely with in the creation of Video Game Development courses, training developers of the future. Through partnerships in the academe and active involvement in events, we aim to continue growing the game dev industry in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Ready to tackle new challenges and take entertainment to the next level? Join us and Create the Unknown.
The Build Engineer will work on automated build, deploy and test systems. Additionally, he / she will support the teams by managing software resources and give access to subsystems.
- Self - sufficiently drive initiatives to expand / optimize / re-factor the build, deploy and testing systems
- Develop and maintain the logic necessary to automate the build, deploy and testing
- Monitor, configure and administer the build, deploy and test system
- Support build, deploy and test system users
- Optimize and troubleshoot for the users of the build, deploy and test systems
- Support the team by being the point of contact for software installs and / or permission access
- Support the submission process (packaging, documentation)
- Carry out branching and integration tasks with the assistance of technical leads
- Co-responsible for archiving source files throughout the project along with Technical Directors to produce the closing kit
- Document and update the build and release processes
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
- Graduate of Computer Science, Computer Engineer or Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience in the IT and Programming Industry
- Knowledge of build tools (NAnt, MSBuild, SCons, CC.NET)
- Proficient in a scripting language (eg: Perl, Python)
- Proficient in the Windows environment
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of a source control system (eg:Perforce) is advantageous
- Good problem solving skills, resourcefulness and takes initiatives
- Ability to work as a team, with good interpersonal and communications skills
- Working experience in a complete game production (knowledge of the production cycle) is a bonus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!