UX Designer [Ubisoft Connect] (f/m/d)
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for the conception, production and improvement of the user experience of Ubisoft Connect. As an integral part of a design team, you will participate in the functional production of features and services, work within the design constraints and collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to deliver intuitive user-centered design solutions, based on user research and iterative testing.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team where everyone is willing to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to continue learning new things. The team is characterized by passion, comradely and the love for pc gaming. You will work in close collaboration with the other designers, programmers and testers with the opportunity to visit and work from collaborating studios.
- Drive User-Centered Design, apply user research and best practices to your daily UX work
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring consistency, simplicity and user friendliness to the product
- Elaborate on accessibility and inclusive design and make sure, they are part of the whole design cycle
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iterations and communication for key elements and features
- Continuously optimize user experience, usability and accessibility of the client by iterating your designs based on user research, quantitative data and user tests
- Conduct surveys, focus groups or playtests and collaborate closely with user research and analytics throughout your UX process
- Evaluate and access user feedback and turn it into meaningful UX improvements
- Showcase and document information architecture and hierarchy for any given feature
- Work as part of the design team and within the guidelines provided by direction
- Support user interface arrangement accounts for customization and localization constraints
- Collaborate with developers and provide them with clear specifications of UX and UI components and follow-up on final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution
You as a person
- You are a tireless advocate for user needs and strive for an accessible, usable and enjoyable user experience throughout the product
- You can work autonomously within your field and at the same time you are able to work well within a multidisciplinary and iterative team
- You communicate well with your colleagues and present your work effectively
- You are excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders
- You ask questions, take risks, champion new ideas and drive your ideas forward
- You take responsibility for your tasks and follow them through
- You are open to providing and receiving feedback and improving upon it
- You have outstanding abilities to solve problems creatively and effectively
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Academic degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, etc. or a related qualification
- Portfolio showing your ability to solve design problems, innovating and designing enjoyable experiences for users
- Good knowledge about User-Centered Design, UX principles, ergonomics, human capabilities and limitations and how to translate them into a user-friendly product experiences
- Ability to work within a continuous flow environment (ability to think holistically while building and learning iteratively)
- Profound knowledge of interaction design and user behavior
- Proficiency in prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar)
- Proficiency in at least of 1 visual design tool (Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
- Knowledge and interest in accessibility and inclusive design
- Ability to create functional prototypes in different fidelity-stages
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to learn quickly
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
Nice to have
- Passion for Design, Video Games, and Esports
- Knowledge of agile project management (Kanban, Scrum or similar)
- Experience in collaborating with international teams
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Ubisoft Connect. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.