(Closed) Technical Animator [Avatar Project] (f/m/d)
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Snowdrop, Avatar and Ubisoft Connect. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network
Rainbow Six Siege
Rainbow Six Siege is the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise. Inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world, Rainbow Six Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarters confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and explosive action are at the center of the experience.
As a UX designer on the Rainbow Six Siege team you will get to work within the design team to define the structures and wireframe of our features, explore improvements and ensure the best experience in the final delivery!
What You'll do
- Create prototypes of game features to ensure a high quality user flow.
- Craft solid UX specifications and documentation
- Propose and present how users interact with features by using rapid prototyping tools
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iterations on key elements;
- Continuously optimize the user experience by iterating your designs based on user research and tests
- Ensure that signs and feedback clearly communicate the game information based on best practices in accessibility;
- Showcase and document information hierarchy and architecture for any given feature
- Ensure optimal interaction feedback and minimal control latency
- Work with different input methods in mind (PC / Consoles)
- Collaborate with game designers to achieve the best controls and inputs for a fluid and consistent player experience
- Implement an optimal interface layout plan;
- Ensure that the interface arrangement accounts for localization constraints;
- Work within the guidelines provided by direction
What you bring
- At least 2 years working experience on UX design
- Understanding of lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment (ability to think holistically while building and learning iteratively)
- Solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games;
- Profound knowledge of interaction design and user behavior
- Proficiency in at least 1 prototyping tool for web products (Axure, Balsamiq, or others)
- Proficiency in at least 1 visual design tool (Photoshop, Illustrator, or others)
- Ability to create functional prototypes;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Ability to rely on a user-focused design approach
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
What we Bring
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader
- Relocation and Visa Support
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and 11 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- All Legal residents of Germany are entitled to free public healthcare