Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d)
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Service Programmer (Java) (f/m/d) that aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including our AAA Games).
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf (Germany) and requires relocation.
- You develop and maintain new and existing online services used throughout the company
- You define and design software requirements and specifications based on user requirements
- You cooperate with project management to ensure on-time high quality delivery for the product departments
- You thoroughly document your work in order to transfer knowledge to your team members
- You are able to create a development plan and break it down into small and clear tasks
- Overall 5 years’ experience as a software engineer (Java)
- Strong background in Restful Web Services (both consuming and producing sides)
- Micro Service Architecture experience
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices
- You are able to work in an agile, fluent English speaking team
- You are familiar with analyzing and debugging performance issues
- Experience working with a small development team
- Spring Boot
- DevOps culture
- AWS or other cloud providers
- Octopus Deploy
Looking to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace with a great work life balance? In our open, international and friendly environment you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Our state of the art studio will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences that will stay with the players.
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very multi-national city close to the border of Germany famous for its Japanese culture. A Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine, and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine are a part of it's charm. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK & Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. Nature parks offer a sanctuary for those needing a break from city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
- Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly travel budget
- 26 days holiday, 11 days public holidays, 5 Care for your Sick Child days (all paid)
- Health Insurance (50% contribution paid by Ubisoft) and paid sick days
- Pension Scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Monthly childcare budget
- Discounted games & more
Diversity & Inclusion: (f/m/d = female, male, diverse) At Ubisoft we foster an inclusive environment. All applications are welcome!