Senior Network Developer - [Unannounced AAA Project] (f/m/d)
Do you want to help bring more meaningful experiences to people when they play? Video games are playing an instrumental role in giving people the platform to connect, socialise and play together.
We are currently looking for a Network Developer who is responsible for developing multiplayer core features and game services to join our expanding online team.
This is a full-time position based in Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Germany. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. No remote work is available currently.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop and improve the game’s network replication
- Develop networking code to interact with backend systems for new gameplay features and data collection
- Ensure that new features and systems meet high performance requirements
- Analyze and solve replication and latency bugs
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities
What You Can Bring To The Team:
You have a passion for creating scalable online systems for AAA budget games. You have excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbally. You are a team player with a positive attitude, looking for a place that will support your continued desire to improve your skills and knowledge.
Technical Experience & Knowledge:
- Shipped at least two games
- Have good understanding and professional experience of working with modern C++, including package management, refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Experience in profiling and low-level optimisations
- Understanding of networking systems and technologies (e.g. peer-to-peer and client/server models, latency compensation, etc.)
- Experience developing custom network protocols is a plus
You will work in an open-minded, international environment; your colleagues in the studio come from 55+ countries from around the world.
We brought the knowledge and experience of these passionate people together in our new open plan workspace created especially to bring out the creativity and productivity of our people whilst still being a comfortable and inspiring place to come to. With themed meeting rooms, cinema room, outdoor terrace, events rooms, games room and more, it is easy to feel at home.
We want to help you stay an expert in your field and have guest speakers from the industry, workshops, online learning platforms, paid study time and a games and book library. We support work life balance with core working hours 10am-4pm as your wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us.
With team events, clubs, gaming groups, free German classes, teams you will find friends from all over the studio to bond with. Not to mention our employee perks you'll have access too as well!
Living in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf is a very international city close to the border of Germany famous for it's Japanese culture. With a Japanese gardens, "Little Tokyo" area for Asian cuisine and celebrating Japan Day along the River Rhine each year Düsseldorf is a lively and multicultural city. Art Galleries and Museums can be found as well as the "Old City" - a lively area of bars and restaurants amongst traditional German architecture.
Two hours from Paris, Amsterdam, the UK and Hamburg - an excellent location to explore Europe even on a weekend. A large Deer park offers a natural sanctuary for those needing a break from the city life. More suburban areas surround the city for those looking for a more relaxed pace.
The application must include your resume, link to portfolio or projects, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.