Lead UI Artist [Rainbow Six Siege] (f/m/d)
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
As a Lead UI Artist, you will be responsible for creating high quality, modern interface solutions, 2D artworks and animations for our games as well as managing, training and leading a team of UI artists, 3d Artists and Technical Artists.
You will help set the visual quality bar, establish efficient workflow, foster communication, and create best practices to share with the team. Additionally, you will be expected to perform hands-on asset creation as necessary. Your ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and mentor other artists will be key to your success in this role.
- Help produce visual content, set best practices and benchmarks in AAA+ quality
- Push the visual and technical quality of the Interface art to the next level
- Create modern Interface Designs from conception to final quality
- Translate high-level gameplay ideas into visual functional UI Designs
- Establish logical, readable UI solutions and usability strategies
- Ensure a productive and efficient workflow for the UI art team through excellent internal and external communication.
- Close collaboration with the Art Director, Producers, Design and Code Leads to ensure the team works within the defined direction.
- Establish a prospering art culture within the team to strive for exceptional quality.
- Balance quality and efficiency of the team to gain the best possible results within in the given time frame and technical constraint
- Prioritize and manage the UI art team's tasks to ensure delivery in time and quality.
- Create briefs, guides and style documentation for internal and external art teams
- Assist Engineers to ensure implementation reflects the Design Vision
- Develop flexible designs that ensure extension and further development
- Layout and implement HUD & Menu designs
- Provide good Information Hierarchy that enhances the player experience
- Create convincing UI animations to drive attention and offer guidance for players
- Provide support and advice for artists
- Give feedback on the realization of the game art and ensure its exceptional artistic quality
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects or Flash
- Very good sense for Motion design / Motion graphics
- Proficient in creating ideas, prototyping / wire-framing and final realization
- Profound graphic design skills (design, layout, typography)
- Think critically and conceptually
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- Good ability to anticipate user behavior
- Very good organizational skills and the ability to anticipate problems and find solutions fast
Knowledge and Experience
- Work experience of at least 5+ years in the Video Game industry, including shipping at least one AAA title
- Great knowledge in Animation (2d or 3d)
- Exceptional knowledge of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them
- Practical experience with data management software (perforce)
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Proactive attitude and efficient work methods
- Have high quality standards with the ability to communicate them to the team
- The ability to review the work of other artists and give feedback efficiently and in a clear and constructive manner.
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude and experience in leading a team of artists
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Experience working in an international multi-site production team
- Cinematics and animation experience
- Familiarity with 3D modeling processes
- Being an avid gamer