Associate Art Director (Avatar Project)
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
The Associate Art Director will support Art Director on the artistic direction and its implementation through the whole lifecycle of the game.
What you will do:
- Support the Art Direction team in implementing the visual identity of the game, working with the internal and external teams to increase the visual quality of the artwork.
- Collaborating with internal teams such as game design and animation, as well as with teams at the Lead Studio and other Ubisoft studios.
- Create or maintain key artistic documentation for the local and external teams, and contribute to the development of concept arts, ref assets, ensuring that artists have clear benchmarks and references for asset production;
- Ensure that the artistic direction is followed and conduct preliminary quality reviews of the graphic elements produced
- Challenge and help the artistic teams to reach outstanding aesthetic standards
- Regularly inform the Art Director on the progress of the work to be done by the teams to ensure that the Art Director is able to assess the progress of the deliverables;
What you should be equipped with:
- Extensive game art production experience, including 2 years of successful experience in a lead or director role
- A thorough understanding of 3D art pipelines, capacities, and technical constraints related to different game engines.
- Exceptional knowledge in creature / character creation and anatomy.
- Strong ability in writing documentation and applying it in art production.
- Strong communication (English) and collaboration skills
- A deep understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D software packages, knowledge of engine and tools necessary to generate assets;
- Good knowledge of the video game market; passion for game art
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!