Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is a multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and a 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers a vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, a vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Abu Dhabi has also ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.
As an Art Intern, you will create content to the game, for existing and new features. You will be part of a game development team and work together with the game artists of the project. You will also be exposed to the daily production and process of a free-to-play mobile title.
- Learn and respect the artistic direction established (references, documents etc).
- Determine the objects and environments required, and adjust the work according to the story and gameplay (Game design documents).
- Plan, with your immediate supervisor, the objects and environment to be created.
- Create objects and environments by choosing the quality to achieve vs the importance in the game and technical constraints.
- Have the objects and environments validated by your mentor.
- Verify the quality of objects and environments once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary.
- Correct the bugs identified by the testers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary.
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Good knowledge of the technical art constraints
- Expert on UV, Zbrush
- Ability to accept criticism, with good artistic sense and traditional art background
- Creative, with an eye for details
- An interest or experience in pixel art would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Unity 2D Animation would be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you
- Self-motivated and fast learning
- Good communication skills
- Be a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written