Senior Software Development Engineer
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Identity team develops and operates multiple services that allows users to connect securely and manage their identities on Twitch. Among these services the privacy data management system PDMS, powers privacy compliance and product decision-making across Twitch.
Our data pipe receives over 20 billion events a day, and PDMS's goal is to use the data generated by tens of systems across twitch to help users understand how their data is used and allow them to have full control over it. We provide tools to store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a software engineer on the Identity team, you will help deliver the first , and next generation of Twitch data privacy technology. Using Go and Python, you will build tools which are reliable and scale. You'll shape the work of your peers, and report to the Engineering Manager for Identity and Privacy.
This position can also be located in Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; and Vancouver, BC.
- Work with Identity and other teams to build high quality internal client experiences
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch privacy and AWS technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Twitch's browser-based clients
- You'll identify and uphold frontend engineering best practices
- Assemble, hygiene, analyze and make sense of complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional requirements across engineering, product development, privacy and legal.
- Create, build, maintain, optimize the data infrastructure and the data pipeline at Twitch, working with a large variety of tools and data sources using SQL, NoSQL, and AWS big data technologies
- Work with a wide spectrum of partners including data analytics, data engineering, privacy, legal and product infrastructure to define best practices and optimal solutions
- A degree in Computer Science (M.S or PhD)
- 7+ years experience working on large scale Go/Python applications
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years experience in Go or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- A foundational understanding of GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA or other privacy laws
- Experience with or exposure to working with ETL tools such as AWS Glue, Airflow, CloudComposer
- Experience with distributed, highly available systems, fault tolerant systems.
- Experience with CI/CD practice
- Experience with GraphQL
- Interest in Privacy , or authn, authz
- You've made petabytes of data usable.
- You've worked with Amazon Web Services.
- You've worked with Tahoe, Blueprint, BigQuery, R, Redshift, or Athena
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.