Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch Developer Advocacy team works with the third-party developer community to help them build creative experiences for creators and viewers. As a Developer Advocate, you will report to the Developer Advocacy Lead and use scalable programs that strengthen adoption and understanding of developer products, provide direct engagement with the community, and convey the community's feedback to product owners. Your technical knowledge and public conversation will contribute to the success of businesses and independent developers integrating Twitch technologies.
This position can be located in New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, or Seattle, WA.
- Contribute to the awareness and adoption of third-party developer products through scalable content.
- Gather feedback and provide perspective on behalf of the developer community to influence product direction, prioritize developer needs, and explore trends.
- Create technical materials, such as code samples and tutorials, to lower barriers of entry and provide solutions for common use cases.
- Engage with the community through public communication channels such as the Twitch developer forums and Discord.
- Participate in speaking and presentation opportunities through Twitch broadcasting, industry events, meetups, and TwitchCon programs.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing with web-based technologies
- Experience authoring technical materials
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working with third-party developers and products
- Experience presenting during in-person or virtual events (e.g. conferences, meetups, webinars, or streaming)
- Experience in the video game industry
- Outstanding success as a Game Producer, Tech Evangelist, Community Manager, or Product Manager
- Open source project leadership or contributions
- Medical, Dental
- Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.