Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Like building platforms and tools, hard technical challenges, and helping video content creators earn a living doing what they love? Do you have a passion for setting standards and enhancing engineering at a company wide scale? If so, you'd be a great fit for the Engineering Manager role in the Builder Products team. The Builder Products team provides solutions for all of engineering at Twitch to help level up their products, specifically for availability and security.
- Lead an engineering team to deliver quality software with accurate timelines
- Mentor and develop engineers
- Communicate across all of Twitch engineering
- Participate in roadmapping, goal setting and regular reporting of progress
- Design solutions to measure and improve availability at a company wide scale
- Meet with team members to determine how to best meet their needs
- Report to the Director of Builder Tools
- 4+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with system design
- History of working with internal customers
- Strong knowledge of availability practices
- Knowledge of Go
- Experience with a monitoring / alarming solution (Cloudwatch or otherwise)
- Experience with internal tools
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.