Software Engineering Lead
Turn 10 Studios, makers of the award winning, billion-dollar Forza franchise, is searching for a feature engineering lead to help build new gameplay experiences that delight our customers for the next game in the Forza Motorsport franchise.
You will be leading a small multi-discipline team of talented people that work together to build features that delight our customers. You will drive your team to produce stable, flexible gameplay systems that are built for expansion and realize our design vision.
- Implement gameplay systems that are maintainable and allow for quick iteration by design and content.
- Remove roadblocks and bring clarity to your team so that your team is set up for success.
- Communicate with external teams to both bring context to your team and give context to others.
- Coach your team to learn and grow their capabilities.
- 6+ years of professional C++ development experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other disciplines. Good communication skills are a must.
- Good planning and estimation skills. You must be able to break work down into smaller pieces and plan out a deliverable.
- Passion for helping others meet their career goals.
- Love of games. The ideal candidate will have passion for our product and empathy for our players.
- 2+ years of experience in games industry
- Experience delivering user facing features with high usability.
- Experience with Networking, AI, Physics, Camera, or other Gameplay systems
- Passion for cars and racing
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.