(Closed) Community Developer
Turn 10 Studios, the creators of the top selling and critically acclaimed Forza franchise, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Developer to join our Community team. This person will play a critical role in working with development teams to surface suggestions and requests from our players for integration into development plans. The ideal candidate brings a wealth of experience advocating for, and communicating directly with, customers and development teams with a proven track record with successful titles in the video games industry.
As Turn 10 grows and evolves, your focus on building high-quality, customer-centric practices will help the studio expand into new territory, reaching more customers in ways not yet previously explored. We will highlight your unique strengths and provide you with the right opportunities that best leverage your areas of passion. We value the perspective and experience you bring and promote an autonomous workstyle.
Turn 10 offers a unique work environment that is innovative and electric, and at the same time, open and accepting. We love what we do and are committed to building and delivering the next great AAA gaming experience. Come join us and let's change the world of racing games together!
- Gain expert knowledge of our products and regularly play them so that you can fully understand and advocate for the best experience.
- Lead implementation of the community facets of our public preview campaigns, delivering a program that welcomes players into the development process and represents their voices.
- Drive clear and transparent communications to flighting participants to keep them informed on the status of their requests.
- Build trust, influence, and processes with development teams to help them understand and prioritize the most impactful community requests.
- Proactively and regularly articulate to the rest of the team and stakeholders what you’re hearing people talk about, what the reactions are, and offer suggestions for how we can address their concerns.
- Use quantitative data sources to back up your recommendations and provide context and information on severity and impact.
- Advise development teams to bring community interaction directly into our games.
- Develop programs to cultivate curated groups of community leaders, engage them and make them feel valued, and facilitate their contributions to the Forza community as a positive place to play.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in community management on forums, Reddit, and Discord with a proven track record in the video game industry.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both in writing and verbal.
- Demonstrated use of inclusive behaviors. Ensure all voices are heard, be curious, invite input from many perspectives, resolve disagreements, and be brave.
- Advanced proficiency with puns, corny jokes, and memes.
- Proactive and keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software and engagement platforms.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with technical troubleshooting.
- Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games.
- Understanding and knowledge of marketing trends and best practices.