Junior Audio Programmer
About TT Games
Business Unit Overview
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016, we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we are most proud of include flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation.
We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
The Engine Programming Team at Tt Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. works alongside the game teams to create and maintain the tools required to construct our games.
Upon joining, you will be assigned to the lead audio programmer on this team who will act as a mentor, guiding you through our code base and getting you up to speed as quickly as possible.
On a Daily Basis, You May Be Expected To
- Work with audio designers to engineer reusable modular audio systems that they can use to create superior audio content for the game.
- Work with game programmers to integrate reusable audio systems into game-specific ones.
- Alter and enhance third-party tools to better suit the needs of the audio designers.
- Write and maintain GUI for the audio systems.
- Use C++/C# and the editor to achieve the above.
- Help our games achieve audio brilliance!
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Demonstrably strong talent for programming audio and related solutions, with a clear understanding of what makes games sound good.
- Passion for working closely with world-class sound designers, supporting their developing day-to-day needs for audio technology and associated tools.
- A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
- Fluent in C++/C# with strong debugging and documentation skills.
- Strong 3D maths and DSP skills.
- Strong runtime and process optimisation skills.
- Unreal and Wwise experience.
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
Please include links to any relevant previous work with your application.