Temporary Weapons Artist
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and the studios most recent release, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Dutys Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anythingand hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit ourwebsite, Facebook, and Twitter.
Treyarchs Weapon Art team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Weapon and Hard Surface Artist to join our team. A successful candidate is an Artist that absolutely LOVES weapons and has the talent and skill to match that love, while being a total team player. This is a critical role which focuses on one of the most important aspects of First Person Shooter games.
What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute to creating weapons, attachments, and equipment at the highest quality for in game and promotional uses either through Modelling, Texturing, Designing and Rendering.
- Rig and implement assets into the game.
- Work together with Artists, Animators, and Designers on ensuring the best player experience.
- An incredible passion for 3D art and First Person Shooters.
- 4+ years of experience working within game development.
- Excellent abilities in hard surface modeling.
- Excellent abilities in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work.
- Excellent attention to design, detail, form and function.
- Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design.
- Must be a team player and collaborate with others.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical function and purpose.
- Self-managing and able to identify and meet deadlines and goals.
- Must be willing to go above and beyond whats expected to ensure the absolute best quality is achieved.
- Excellent communicator willing to receive and give direction and critique.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, keeping your work clean and tidy.
- Excellent problem solving abilities creatively and technically.
- Ability to learn new tools quickly and effectively.
- Excellent working knowledge of industry standard 3D and image editing programs.
- Expert knowledge in Maya and Substance Painter.
- Outstanding knowledge of weapons and equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of general military application and authenticity.
- Experience working with game engines.
Candidates Will Need To Submit The Following
- Online Portfolio (with breakdown)
Candidates will also need to be prepared for an Art Test.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for Every World - weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Treyarch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.