Torn Banner studios recently launched Chivalry 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original. We are a small independent video game studio of around 50 developers in Toronto and we love creating innovative new experiences that focus on challenge and fun.
As Lead Animator at a small independent studio, you will have a wide range of responsibilities from animating to organizing the department, communicating with production, facilitating feedback, and working with other leads to execute the vision for the games we make. The ideal candidate would have a keen interest in Melee combat and competitive gaming.
- At least 5 years of professional video game animation experience, and at least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Maya and Motion Builder expert
- Strong Key frame animation skills
- Excellent planning and time management skill
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative-taking
- An understanding and passion for video games
- The drive and the ability to take on research and self-education
- Willingness to work in Toronto is preferred, but remote opportunities are available
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple platforms
- Professional experience developing First Person Shooters
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.)
- Experienced in melee combat games.
Benefits & Perks
- Bonus Structure
- 4.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits