Topgolf Media is looking for an experienced, hands-on Graphics Engineer to work on a new mobile game title. Your goals and ownership include ensuring our rendering pipeline is highly efficient on a range of mobile devices and can scale accordingly. Improvements, refactoring and optimizations will be implemented by you with guidance from the Technical Director.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Design, implement, and iterate on new features and development tools for artists
- Primary owner of performance of our rendering pipeline on mobile devices, which includes supporting tools for performance analysis and reporting
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team
- Fix tricky bugs and solve complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development experience, with at least one shipped game as a graphics-focused engineer
- Strong software engineering and problem-solving skills
- Advanced understanding of and experience with HLSL
- Passion for graphics programming, algorithms and mathematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for making high quality software
- Experience working with Metal or Vulkan
- Passionate about RPGs and/or sports
About Topgolf Media
Based in San Francisco, Topgolf Media creates and distributes advanced media content, enabling the Topgolf community to experience the best times of their lives. The division enhances in-venue golf games as well as creating experiences outside of the venues with apps, websites and virtual experiences. In addition, Topgolf Media cultivates relationships with global partners, sponsors and ambassadors to promote innovation within the Topgolf brand.
Topgolf Media provides an intimate, fast-paced, collaborative environment that combines its love of sports, entertainment and lifestyle to produce quality content. We have a top-notch team that strives for the best and we are looking for others who prioritize quality and innovation. Our goal is to create compelling experiences to engage Topgolf fans of all walks in new, innovative ways.
WGT Golf is the #1 free golf game with over 450 million virtual rounds played and 5+ million mobile downloads. WGT Golf features 24 famous virtual golf courses including Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach® and St Andrews. WGT Golf runs the annual Virtual U.S. Open in partnership with the USGA, and has partnered with NBC's Golf Channel and David Leadbetter. WGT Golf offers a range of virtual golf equipment from leading manufacturers, including Callaway, Cleveland, Nike, Ping, Srixon and TaylorMade. WGT Baseball: MLB launched in 2012 in partnership with Major League Baseball Advanced Media. This realistic baseball game puts fans inside their favorite MLB ballparks in HD virtual reality with MLB uniforms and players, uniquely blending social gaming and fantasy baseball. In 2015, WGT Baseball MLB (mobile app stores) launched for mobile, offering arcade-style action for a fast, fun baseball game to play anywhere. Featuring all 30 MLB licensed teams, players can also collect Hall of Fame players and train their teams to compete for leaderboard status and rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Topgolf Media does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Topgolf Media will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Topgolf Media and will be processed accordingly without fee.