Video Editor Internship
Tiny Hydra is on a mission for a crunch-free games industry with increased opportunities for professionals, and we’re hiring a talented and skilled video editor and motion graphics intern! Our Video Intern will help us with editing, animation, and motion graphics on our game development educational videos. This internship offers a 3-month term, with opportunity for a 3-month extension and consideration for any full-time employment opportunities.
During your internship, you will receive regular feedback and guidance directly from our Chief Creative Officer, including two formal feedback and review sessions to guide you towards success in your journey with us. While full-time opportunities are not guaranteed, this intern will receive prioritized, first consideration for such roles as we grow in 2021.
This internship offers the rare opportunity for advancing new talent to influence and strategize with us on our animation approach. Day to day, you will be partnering closely with our team on the production of at least forty 10-minute videos as part of our education program for up-and-coming game designers and developers.
- Edit in Premiere Pro & After Effects, including cuts, color grading, working with Alpha channels, creating AE templates and assets, asset management and exporting, and motion graphics (mostly text and infographics).
- Animate, and work with Adobe Illustrator, Animate and/or Character Animator. It’s not required but nice to have.
- Contribute to our social media with video snippets.
- Work with existing assets and branding.
- Professional level of English speaking, writing and reading.
- A self-starter. As a new, growing start-up, we’re looking for someone who can keep our pace.
- Able to collaborate effectively with other people on the same project. Our production flow includes many people from our team, and you won’t be the only one editing.
- Studying a related creative degree such as Film, Motion Graphics/Animation, Editing.
- Looking to learn, willing to suggest new ideas and open for feedback.
- Honest and respectful. We are an inclusive company that aims to foster a healthy work culture.
Mind that you won’t be working on storyboarding for the educational videos, which are scripted. You will have more creative freedom in your suggestions for animation and motion graphics than for editing.
How will your work week look?
We will discuss your work hours based on the requirements of your study, your needs and ours. You can work from the comfort of your home, as we are a distributed company. Whether you’re a night owl or an early riser, our work hours are flexible, as long as you get the work done and are available for a couple of co-working hours each working day. We host bi-weekly game nights on Discord with our gaming community Funbase, have an informal atmosphere and are a small, close-knit team! Guess we’re one of those ‘work hard, play hard’ start-ups.
What will you learn?
You will be practicing your editing, motion graphics and animation skills. But you already knew that. Additionally, you will learn what it’s like to work at a fast-paced start-up, work in an Agile environment and use tools like Jira and Slack. We have a unique branding with a mascot and fun illustration style that we use eagerly. You get to help us shape how we can breathe life into our illustrations. You will learn how video editing for educational purposes works. Besides, you will report to our Chief Creative Officer, who is a communications expert with a creative track record. She will help you develop good communication, planning and organizational skills.