About Thunder Gaming:
Thunder Gaming, a division owned and operated by Thunder Studios in Long Beach, CA. Thunder Studios is a fully integrated emerging media company operating a 150,000 sq ft media campus that produces content in all its all forms and provides broad production services to the entertainment, gaming and live event industries across the USA and Northern Mexico. Thunder is passionately pursuing opportunities at the intersection of the three categories in which millennial consumers spend 75% of their time on mobile devices; Gaming, Social Media and Entertainment. As a division of Thunder Studios, Thunder Gaming is the dedicated unit to all of our gaming and esport productions for live programming, tournaments, commercials, original content and other Marketing and Social opportunities. Our production facilities include 10 main stages, an esports arena, live broadcast news stage, 2 live streaming studios and production offices. Our fleet of mobile broadcast trucks operate throughout the USA and Northern Mexico.
About This Position:
We are looking for a Video Editor to join us! Someone who's comfortable with fast turnarounds, weekly assignments, and is excited to work in the gaming/esports industry for an upcoming tournament series.
- Lead editing of all pieces the Producing Team needs assistance with
- Maintain brand consistency across all concepts and creative executions
- Relay to Producer and Designers upcoming needs on a timely manner so that they can assist and provide assistance.
- Graphic elements and static imagery will be created and provided for the contracted candidate, however the Video Editor is expected to communicate needing new assets, or a plus: knowing basic motion design to animate his own graphics.
- Respond to and Collaborate with Producer in brainstorming upcoming original concepts, content pieces ideas, or any kind of collateral content to support marketing and promotional needs.
- Maintain a back up of templates and files, coded and named properly for future reuse or reference
- Mont to Month full-time contract, potential to hire. Position is in Long Beach, CA.
Requirements & Additionals:
- 2+ Years of professional editing experience.
- Degree in film production or similar alternates is preferred but not a must.
- Professional portfolio link to samples a must.
- Candidates with gaming experience or knowledge will have preference.
- Experience or knowledge animating graphic assets and motion design a good plus!
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite products Premiere & Photoshop a must - After Effects, Illustrator and InDesign a plus but no required expertise.
- Knowledge of competitive gaming tournament structures and communities (Especially Smash) is preferred, although not required.
- Must be an excellent communicator, voicing concerns, doubts or ideas in a timely manner to help the progress of the team. Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Candidate is detail oriented, organized and has knowledge of file formats, resolutions and ratios.
- File organization is a must - Candidate must know how to maintain a library of assets, back ups and file templates and exports in an organize manner that will allow Producer, Head of Production and other team members to access files with ease and speed.
- Must be located in Los Angeles or Long Beach surrounding areas and be willing to commute to Long Beach for work.
- Job can be hybrid: occasionally on site when required but can also be done from home
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Preferred: Experience or knowledge of the Smash community and players is a huge plus. Alternatively, please show off your general gaming video editing & motion design experience!
We are excited to meet you! Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to an online portfolio.