Sr. Client Engineer, Studio Tools
The Senior Client Engineer, Studio Tools role at The Pokémon Company International will work on the release and development pipeline for multiple products to ensure rapid and stable development. This role will work across development groups to define automation and continuous integration processes that will support the life of our products from pre-production to post launch content. These live products will be maintained post launch through multiple content releases which requires multiple tools and resources and a tight collaboration across disciplines.
What You’ll Do
- Define and improve existing build and deployment processes
- Investigate Resolve and prevent build, deployment, and test issues
- Develop tools and other resources to aid in streamlining our release and development processes
- Work across disciplines to develop tools that promote stability
- Work closely across teams to integrate with other build systems and co-ordinate releases processes and development workflows
- Define and improve the continuous integration pipeline
- Define and investigate where automation can improve the development pipeline
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years in a game development studio
- 6+ years of experience with software development, with at least one shipped title with live development
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present multiple solutions
- Experience with Unity's Batch Mode and Asset Bundles
- Experience working with Perforce version control with a released project
- Experience with Jetbrains Teamcity
- Experience with AWS S3 and Cloudfront
- Experience with live and content supported projects
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience
How You Will Be Successful
Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
Work Excellence: You set high quality standards for peers through your work and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
Creativity and Vision: You inject originality into your daily work research, knowledge and networking. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions.
Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
Process focus: You see value in process and appreciate the benefits of change. You focus efforts on continuous improvement and optimizing work processes to ensure efficiency and consistency
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.