Who are The Guard?
The Guard is a brand new gaming & esports organization owned by Kroenke Sports and Entertainment (KSE), the owners of the LA Rams, Arsenal FC, SoFi Stadium, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, and the Colorado Rapids.
Who you are
The Social Media and Community Manager is responsible for handling the Gladiators social accounts on all platforms. They will be tasked with helping to ideate content, planning the rollout of media, and maintaining a voice across the channels. This role includes event coverage for every match, posting updates live. This position will work closely with the creative teams to ensure consistent content that highlights all facets of the team. The ideal candidate is creative and proactive in taking ownership of the team accounts.
In this role, you will
- Take ownership of the Gladiators brand accounts on all social platforms
- Build and manage social content calendar for the brand
- Serve as the online voice of the brand to build and engage with the community, deliver content and messaging, and create a strong social presence
- Cover gameday performance during tournaments, including traveling to events
- Cultivate the online community through engagement across social media and in Discord
- Track analytics for performance and growth to keep an updated strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the design, content, and rest of social teams to plan and push out regular brand content across all platforms
What we’re looking for
- Deeply embedded in the Overwatch and Overwatch League sphere online, constantly connected with the latest news, community announcements, trends, etc
- Up to date with current memes and trends within gaming
- A connoisseur of social media, particularly Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Discord
- A curious innovator, regularly testing and researching to gain better understanding of the platforms and algorithms
- A witty communicator, gifted with crafting words
- Proactive, always trying new ideas and problem solving
- A people-person who cares about building a strong and positive community
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
KSE Esports Management, LLC strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.