That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
The Technical Producer works alongside Engineering and Design departments to deliver game systems and features at a best-in-class level.
We have many ambitious game features to develop and you will be the main project organizer ensuring the delivery of them within the game. How we get to our goals as a team matters. You being successful in this role means you have solid communication skills and use them to deliver results. We are highly collaborative and listen to our team members needs. You will ensure the features being requested of the engineering team are delivered to the design, art, animation and sound departments requirements in a timely way.
Working closely with the design team, you will support level creation efforts by making sure everyone has the systems they need to execute our vision of the game.
- Own the task and scheduling management of multiple features and areas of the game
- Lead meetings, facilitate conversation and take digestible notes. Translate those notes into actions in the tracking system. Follow-through on the commitments of those actions with the team
- Proactively assist in connecting the dependency schedules from departments up and downstream of your department. Ensure the teams are flowing efficiently through their work. Be vocal and advocate for change if they are not
- Break down tasks into manageable chunks for clear individual accountability. Seek quality “definitions of done” statements for ambiguous tasks. Ensure clarity in understanding of scope, quality and time expectations across the department
- Assist in updating planning information and make sure your department’s plan is fitting into the larger game plan
- Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to Senior Management and Department leads
- Provide regular status updates to Department leads. Ensure the departments are making good choices by supplying them with intelligence in the form of status reports and productivity forecasts
- Help coordinate and project management emergent special projects as we build the studio
Requirements & Skills:
- Project Management or Business Administration skills or experience
- Strong project leadership skills in a highly creative and technical, fast-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to be a servant leader when its vital to do so
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years of experience as a Producer, Project Manager or Associate Project Manager in a similar field (or equivalent)
- Experience managing backlogs of software features with sophisticated priorities
- Knowledge and experience in creation of AAA video games, engineering and/or game design
- Experience with Jira, Shotgun/ShotGrid, Perforce or other industry standard tasking and version control software
- Data analytics background or capability
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Game Development, Art or Film/Commercial Production or equivalent. Project Management Professional certification or familiarity with the concepts
- Passion and ability to collaborate and support game engineers
- Adaptive leadership skills, knowing when to use formal or informal tactics and strategy to achieve project success
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.