Senior/Principal Researcher - Video Coding
We are inviting motivated researchers and engineers to join our team in Bay Area. The team works on developing cutting edge technologies in multimedia data compression, processing, transmission, analysis and beyond. Some example areas include (but not limited to) video compression algorithms, future video coding standards, VR and 360 video coding and transmission, intelligent visual data analysis and representation, future immersive data compression and processing (e.g. point cloud, light field, etc.)
What you will be doing:
- Technical leader of a team of researchers/engineers to research, design, implement, and optimize algorithms/models that lead to improved video compression performance
- Work together with standard teams, other video technology and product teams to realize the start of the art video standards and algorithms into products.
- Perform algorithm and architecture definition of various video codecs such as VVC, AV1, HEVC, VP9/VP8, AVC, MVC and so on.
- Lead the definition, design and prototyping of algorithms for improving the quality and performance of the cloud-based video ingest and transcoding pipeline.
- Communicate with leaders from various business groups inside the company to develop technology and product road maps.
We’d like you to have :
- Master degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, math, statistics, or related fields
- 10+ years of related working experience with video compression and processing technologies
- Proven track record of delivering video coding products or video standard contributors
- Good understanding of state-of-the-art video compression algorithms
- Working experience on HEVC, VVC, AV1, etc
- Experience managing leading an R&D team
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with other researchers/engineers
- Ability to think out of box