Bilingual Legal Counsel
- Provide privacy tech specialist legal advice and subject matter resources required to support the business, especially in the games industry.
- Advise on compliance across all aspects of global privacy laws and regulations, including data protection, data security and data breach rules.
- Develop and implement program to facilitate compliance with international data privacy and personal information collection rules, regulations and standards, including the GDPR, CCPA and PDPO/ PDPA
- Manage outside counsel for all privacy law projects
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and commercial documentations.
- Keep the business teams abreast of all new laws and regulations that may have implications to the Company.
- Qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE
- Experience in working on privacy matters at an international law firm is preferred
- CIPP/E and CIPP/US certifications are preferred but not mandatory
- Experience in dealing with issues relating to international businesses
- Must have strong data privacy experience
- Interest in the internet and gaming space
- Team player and can handle projects independently
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Proactive approach and able to handle matters independently
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin)
Tencent is focused on bringing high-quality and engaging internet services and entertainment to its users and is among the top ten publicly traded companies by market value. Tencent is a leading global video game company, partnering with developers such as Riot Games, Epic Games, Supercell, and Activision. Tencent is currently the 7th most valuable company in BrandZ's Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands 2020 ranking, making it one of only two non-American brands in the top 10.
About Tencent Legal
Tencent’s in-house legal department is on the forefront of the intersection between law and technology and has helped shape internet law. Tencent Legal has been awarded the Most Innovative Asia-Pacific In-House Legal Team by the Financial Times and In-House Team of the Year by China Law & Practice. Many of its lawyers have worked and studied in the US and abroad.