Game Design Director
One of the leading tech hubs in the world, Berlin has a very interesting startup scene and thriving culture of innovation. This is why we simply had to have our studio here! Under the visionary leadership of Patrick McGrath, we are building a strong team of 10+ senior experts whose passion for games allows them to deliver the highest-quality entertainment to global players. Thanks to insightful market research guaranteed by Sophia Yiasoumi, our Berlin studio matches the understanding of users with the creative force of our talented producers to deliver new games that are sure to become world hits.
What can you expect from this role?
- Collaborate with the leadership team to create a vision that is innovative, strong, appropriate, and implementable by the team;
- Drive our phenomenal design team to build and achieve the vision of our game(s);
- Follow through and ensure that the project vision is reflected in all stages of design and implementation of game mechanics, systems, and the player experience;
- Inspire and energize the team, using research and references to lead them towards creative success;
- Guide and support the game design team, defining methods and strategies appropriate to the project whilst championing them;
- Demonstrate pragmatism in design, weighing the ‘perfect vision’ against the realities of development and needs of the player.
What are we looking for?
- At least 10 years of experience as a Game Designer, including several years in a lead role;
- Good analytical skills;
- Understanding of player motivations and behaviors, and how we as game makers affect them;
- Knowledge of free to play/mobile games/card games industry & KPIs;
- Ability to define tools to support the game design process;
- Version control system knowledge (Sourcetree);
- Google Sheets/Excel knowledge (knowledge of basic scripts is welcome);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- A results-oriented person with a good understanding of the business process;
- Independence and self-discipline;
- Experience working in international teams;
- Ability to find creative solutions to design and business challenges;
- Passion for games and a creative, open mind.
- Direct impact on the final product and business direction.
- Autonomy mode and freedom of making partnership decisions.
- A friendly and mature working atmosphere.
- Safe environment and setting that boost your EXP points and skills.
- Communities of practice and educational books of your choice.
- Conferences and themed events.
- Working hardware matters – win or mac – take your pick.
- Attractive remuneration based on experience and skills.