Come join Team17 where we work on award winning indie games, in a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry, and get to work and collaborate with developers from around the globe!
We are in the amazing position of building strong dynamic teams across the business right now, going through our biggest period of growth we have seen to date.
Team17 are known for developing and publishing a wide range of games at the highest quality including The Escapists, Overcooked!, Hell Let Loose and of course the Worms franchise.
If you work for us, you will get to work as part of our programming team on any number of challenging projects. We are looking for individuals who can work well with other disciplines and understand the benefit of close collaboration, production of quality systems and code runs alongside this to ensure that game features are delivered to agreed schedules and quality.
Being involved with the programming team means you will also benefit from highly experienced staff who are there to help train and mentor you to ensure you are improving your own skills and looking to further yourself within the team, so we are looking for people that are just as passionate about their careers who also want to share their enthusiasm and skill base with their peers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning, writing, debugging code for project features to ensure they are delivered to the desired quality
- Assessing project bug database for issues and being proactive to address them where necessary.
- Work with other disciplines to understand their requirements and work proactively with them to ensure any limitations are clearly communicated and understood.
- Assessing task/timings to assist in schedule production
- Carry out assigned tasks within the time scheduled for them and reporting progress to your Lead Programmer and/or Producer
The skills and experience you will need to apply for this role include:
- A strong background of Games Development experience or a demonstrable passion for Games Development
- Experience developing games with Unity, Unreal Engine or a custom engine Experience with one of the following languages: C++ or C#
- Good written and verbal communication skills to ensure clarity and accuracy of communication.
- A passion to learn and further your own skill set Knowledge of developing games on a console platforms – Xbox One, PS4, Switch
Team17 is committed to building a diverse workforce and therefore we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds making us a very innovative business to join!