Tarsier is on the verge of great things. We'd love to say we're there already, but that would just be lying to sound cool in a job ad. So we're close, but we need more top people to help us get there, and that's what we're looking for right now! We're just about to head out on our next set of adventures, making world-class games with top publishers; all the while pushing the bar of what comes next with our in-house concept team. Tarsier is all about great ideas executed to perfection, and if you want to be part of it, why not see if you fit the bill.
We are now looking for an Art Director with a strong portfolio and passion for creating games within the visual style of Little Nightmares.
Working together with your team of talented artists, you will need to be able to find the visual essence that fits with the design goals of the game and to build that vision into an experience.
Tarsier Game Art
At Tarsier Studios, the Art Director is a member of the development team’s Director group, and thus collaborate intimately with the directors of Design, Tech, Audio and the Creative Director, in charge of the whole project. It is paramount that the person in this role can create and maintain an art style that can hold its own against other top tier games.
Therefore the Art Director needs to be involved in most areas of development; from concept art, mood boards, animations and asset creation to world building, level design, and audio. On a daily basis, the Art Director will talk to the members of the team, evangelizing the look-and-feel of the game, and providing feedback and mentor-ship for the work that still needs to be done.
This role should be occupied by someone with a strong Game Art background and experience running a team.
- Illustrate and conceptualize the game worlds we are creating
- Direct the various Tarsier art disciplines to meet goals and milestones
- Establish and propagate a high bar for the art style
- Find, create and share inspirational and motivational material the whole team can benefit from during studio updates and show-and-tells
- Lead the education and mentoring of both new and old members of the team
- Ensure, encourage and participate in the recruitment of the next generation of Tarsier artists
- Assist the team at all levels to make sure that information is both sent and received for all relevant parties
- Arbitrate key decisions that involve art issues
- Work with production to plan effectively and accurately for future projects
- A strong leader and mentor with experience running a team of 15+ artists
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills
- Experience going through a full development cycle, from concept to release, on console
- Currently in a Lead or Director role on a game development team.
- Good knowledge and experience with all the industry-standard art tools
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Willing to relocate to Malmö, Sweden (or commute within the area)
- Trained in people management
- Experience with animations, level design, and audio design
- Developed Atmospheric or Action-Adventure games
- Experience with additional middle-ware systems
What we offer
At Tarsier Studios, we believe in quality above all else. But quality is the residue of care, and most of all, care for people. So our great perks, like 6 weeks vacation, flexible working hours, company-paid supplemental pension and sick leave insurance, additional health allowance and a relocation package, are not there just to make people happy, but to ensure we reach the highest quality bar possible. Making great games means demanding a lot from people, but that doesn't mean we can’t take good care of them while we do so. That is the Tarsier way and what we offer to all our colleagues.