Summer 2021 Global Tax Intern
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
Take-Two’s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain substantive, first-hand business insight over the course of a three-month paid internship. Interns will gain hands-on exposure in the area(s) of their desired interests as well as participate in team-based summer-long projects. Our internships are created with the intent that students walk away with meaningful learning experiences that enhance both their personal and professional development goals. T2's Internship Program also serves as a gateway to building a talent pool of rising stars for permanent roles.
The position will be multi-disciplinary and focus on assisting with income tax compliance, sales & use tax, property tax filings and legal entity management. This position will report to one of two managers in the tax department and require interaction with corporate finance.
During your internship at Take-Two, you will be exposed to tax procedures, including corporate and indirect tax return preparation, which will involve tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting work papers. You will have an opportunity to work alongside senior-level finance and tax professionals. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skillsets, be involved in office and community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Take-Two Finance team.
What You’ll Take On
- Assist with the preparation of tax calculations for the U.S. income tax return
- Assist with the calculation and filing of sales & use tax and property tax returns
- Update and monitor tax calendar
- Update legal entity listing and organizational charts
- Respond to inquiries from state and local taxing authorities
- Perform research on various tax issues for senior members of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Education: All Interns should be current student
- Concentration: Accounting majors who have taken some tax classes. Students in Master of Taxation program preferred, JD/Law Students are also accepted
- GPA (If applicable):5 minimum
- Experience: none required
- Knowledge, Skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.