Senior Games Designer
Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 14 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross platform IP in partnership with a world renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is building a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers and our new IP needs a Senior Games Designer to join the team. You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines to craft engaging games systems and supporting other members of the design team. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have c onsiderable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation.
- Work closely with our Lead Game Designer on the creation of new game features.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders across multiple disciplines.
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges.
- Produce clear and effective design documentation.
- Support other Game Designers with systems design and spreadsheet modelling.
- Review and evolve game systems to achieve commercial goals.
- Mentor Designers on the team to help them achieve their highest potential.
To do this job, you will need:
- Three released titles or equivalent experience as a Game/Systems Designer.
- Exceptional understanding of game systems.
- Experience in creating mobile core loops, player sessioning, and F2P experiences.
- Highly proficient in Excel and large spreadsheet/data management.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills, in order to effectively work with Game Design and Product teams.
- A genuine passion for games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Strong understanding of systems driven player owned narrative.
- Strong knowledge of content distribution.
- Experience mentoring designers.
- Experience scripting in C# (Unity), or similar.
- Strong knowledge of event-driven live operations in mobile games.
- An avid player of F2P mobile strategy games.
- Knowledge of MMO games.