Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Within this role you will:
- Work with the lead artist to develop, explore and style the games user interface and develop icons, buttons, frames and panels etc.
- Create user interface concepts and motion graphics to demonstrate transitions and interactions as well as execute them within the game engine.
- Explore and assemble visual material to define and improve the visual style of the game.
- Solve problems effectively and creatively with an ability to scale quality when time or deadlines require it.
- Collaborate closely with UX designer to iterate and consider the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience.
- Detach yourself from personal tastes to approach and problem solve from the players perspective.
- Always thinking about how we can be better.
We need you to have:
- Diverse UI style portfolio from casual friendly games through to mature titles. (Experience in the Adobe graphics suite essential)
- Great illustration skills to develop the UI from freehand sketch to accurate vectors.
- Clear consideration of colour theory, shape, scale, form, silhouette.
- Basic understanding of 3D packages and using them as part of a concept workflow.
- Can do attitude with confidence in your ability to work to a design spec / brief whilst able to use your own intuition to fill in the gaps.
- Fastidious attention to detail in order to push the visual and technical barriers further.
- Knowledge of game engine UI systems such as UGUI as bonus.
- An open approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills never afraid to ask questions.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.