Sumo Nottingham develops characterful, accessible and innovative action/adventure and racing games for console and PC. We are part of Sumo Digital Ltd., an independent UK developer working with some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Nottingham is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, although sometimes, some groups are still under-represented. We are working to remove obstacles that can make it difficult for those groups to progress their careers in the games industry. We welcome applications from under-represented people in the gaming industry, including, but not limited to BAME, LGBQT+, women, people with physical disabilities, neurodiversity or mental health issues, and parents or carers.
Sumo Nottingham are working on a variety of exciting games and has a fantastic opportunity for a skilled producer. In this role you will be expected to manage production to ensure game content is delivered within scope and on schedule, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
In your new role you will:
- Manage production to achieve your project's requirements.
- Operate closely with a friendly team of dedicated people.
- Liaise with other areas of the studio and external partners to facilitate development.
- Be responsible for planning the workload of the development team.
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple titles in a production role.
- Managed the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected.
- Created milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Ensured project scope is adhered to and delivered in accordance with expectations.
- Identified and resolved conflicts between schedule, capacity and design goals.
- Managed day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, capacity, change and risk whilst making recommendations accordingly.
- Ensured that project team members are working from a tracked schedule and that they have a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Ensured excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development teams and across disciplines.
Where you’ll be working
Our studio is in Nottingham’s Castle Marina, near Nottingham’s picturesque canal route and just fifteen minutes’ walk from the City Centre. The studio is served by excellent bus, tram and cycle links and the railway station is a ten-minute walk away.
Nottingham has lots to see and do, including a huge choice of bars and restaurants, art galleries and numerous cultural events. There are several large parks in and around the city (including Wollaton Park, containing Batman’s house!), and it sits on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District area. It has excellent road and rail links to the North and South of the country, with London less than two hours away by train.
What we’ll do for you
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. We support your personal development through access to training resources and time to work on them. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, and offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, with emphasis on well being and work/life balance.
Want to know more about Sumo?
Sumo Digital, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and 2019 TIGA Award for Best Independent Studio, continues to be one of the UK's most prolific game developers, enjoying year on year stability and growth since its founding in 2003. We have UK studios in Sheffield, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leamington Spa, Warrington, The Chinese Room in Brighton and Red Kite Games in Leeds, along with Sumo Video Games in Pune, India.