Sucker Punch, the studio that created Ghost of Tsushima and the multiplayer Legends Mode, is looking for a Multiplayer/Network Programmer to join our studio in Bellevue, WA. Our talented multiplayer designers create awesome game team experiences, and you’ll be pivotal in bringing that creativity to life in a spectacular multiplayer game. We are looking for the whole package: someone with the necessary skills to investigate, define, implement and deploy networking features that support a smooth and engaging cooperative game play experience.
Whether you are working on cloud systems, peer-to-peer and peer-to-server communication, or going deep into the game play features that empower online game play experiences, this is more than just coding a feature in a single layer; it is about owning the vision from game play design goals, all the way to the nut and bolts of the engine and networking.
Sucker Punch fosters a healthy company culture, crucial to creating a productive and collaborative work environment. Here you will participate, interact, voice your ideas, and be a key part of something awesome.
- Analyze and enhance existing features, and support the multiplayer designers using them
- Design and develop new features for our networking and multiplayer game play systems
- Collaborate with designers in order to create new user experiences and online game modes, writing bug-free and maintainable code
- Work is done mostly in C++, but Python is also required in some of our workflows.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Able to own large engine features from start to finish
- Must have a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Solid understanding of networking systems
- Passionate about making great games
- 1+ years of academic or personal experience in multiplayer game development
- Experience developing systems for high-availability online services (servers)