Social Media Manager
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: El Segundo, CA
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Subnation, a media and event platform covering the culture of gaming and lifestyle of esports, is seeking a Social Media Manager who will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with our social channels as well as those of our brand clients. In this role, you will update social networks and curate content to gain new followers. You will also create new social marketing campaigns, build brand recognition, and manage all published company content. While working with web analytic tools to track campaign progress and researching industry trends, you will maintain an active social presence and reply to followers. A successful Social Media Manager will collaborate with marketing to align company messages, promotions, and goals. Knowledge of esports and associated gaming communities is a must.
- Lead the on-going development and execution of a strategic, cross-functional social media marketing plan
- Manage editorial calendar that aligns with social media marketing efforts around merchandise drops, events and company initiatives
- Maintain and grow our social media presence on Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, Reddit, Facebook, and Discord
- Manage thought leadership and business outreach on LinkedIn and Medium
- Identify emerging social channels and steward us into growth platforms (i.e. TikTok)
- Ideate, create, write, edit, and meme culturally relevant and entertaining content
- Incorporate optimization strategies, analyze data, and research to increase traffic
- Drive engagement with social media influencers
- Manage social media strategy, handbook and daily operating plan including but not limited to timelines, metrics and creative assets
- Strong project management skills with the ability to create project plans and deliver in a timely manner
- Directly engage with social media followers, fostering one-on-one conversations and relationships
- Be current with best practices and emerging offerings across all clients
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Detailed knowledge of social networks and digital marketing
- Demonstrative esports and gaming expertise
- Experience with Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and HubSpot
- Advanced proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Keynote)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Excellent technology, communication and time-management skills
- Sharp witted and energetic personality
- Ability to travel and work nights, weekends and select holidays, in addition to traditional business hours
- 3+ years’ experience managing social media for a brand
- Detailed Resume
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Why are you interested in working at Subnation?
- What games are you currently playing?
- What does an active gaming lifestyle mean to you?