Lead VFX Artist
Striking Distance Studios continues to grow. We are looking for talented developers with experience working on large-scale, live service games to join us in our San Ramon studio.
What we need:
Striking Distance Studios is looking for an experienced Lead VFX Artist to help create a next generation AAA experience in the PUBG Universe.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
- Paint particle and decal textures
- Create simulations for gameplay elements
- Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
- Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
- Create simple geometry and assign UV's
- Optimize FX for framerate and memory
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine
- Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game
- Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game
- Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene.
- Manage and mentor VFX teammates
- 6+ years of experience producing FX in real-time game engines;
- 1+ years’ experience in leadership and/or people management, including building VFX pipeline
- Good people skills, collaborative attitude, and good observation skills and ability to use reference materials
- Ability to work independently. Proficient Animation and timing skills
- Solid traditional arts background a plus