(Closed) VP of Marketing
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional Background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you... welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team. We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule. However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous compensation plans as well as medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The VP of Marketing Role
We are looking for an experienced VP of Marketing to direct and oversee all aspects of marketing. You will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with our goals. We are looking for a candidate that has a solid Marketing background and work experience managing a variety of promotional projects. Our VP of Marketing will report directly to the CEO, will oversee internal Marketing teams, and work closely with our Design team. You will also play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic marketing planning. The VP of Marketing will ensure that the Marketing department’s activities contribute to our company’s success.
- Set current and long-term goals for the team
- Design and review the Marketing department’s budget
- Work closely with the CEO, engineering, design, and science teams to create a GTM marketing strategy
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet business objectives and drives results
- Track competitors’ activities and devise counter strategies
- Develop and implement a marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the Company’s objectives
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels
- Build, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing team
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies/materials
- 5+ years of managing and building out a marketing team
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role
- Expertise with HubSpot, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Expertise in leading creative, design, content, communications, demand generation, product, and event marketing
- Experience owning and building a marketing strategy, plan, and annual budgets and P&L
- Strong understanding of marketing analytics and operations, analytical and ROI driven
- Strong leadership skills
We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. You will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status.