Are you an avid gamer interested in creating awesome games? Stardock is currently seeking a talented Senior Game Developer to oversee porting of our cutting-edge games onto current and next-generation consoles. The ideal candidate is well versed in C++, has shipped titles in the past, is familiar with porting to console platforms, and loves strategy games. This is a salaried, full-time position at our Plymouth, Michigan office and relocation assistance will be provided.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee porting of cutting-edge game software technology to console hardware platforms.
- Manage TRC compliance across multiple console platforms.
- Implement low level systems such as windowing, controllers, rendering, audio, user management, and networking.
- Architect, build and maintain core systems in modern C++ on multicore CPUs.
- Write technical documents describing core systems.
- Mentor and collaborate with other developers.
- Work closely with Design, Production, and Art to develop requirements and implementation plans.
- Manage timelines and milestones to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Work closely with production and QA to address bugs.
Education and/or Experience Desired:
- Console development on shipped title experience required, including the TRC and submission process.
- 7+ years of experience in game development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or relevant field.
- Strong C++ background.
- Passion for games and game design.
- Self-motivated and loves solving problems.
- Experience with modern graphics APIs and multicore programming.
- Expertise in several of the following: Optimization, networking, parallel and distributed systems, UI/UX, AI, physics, data management, graphics, gameplay, audio, HLSL/GLSL shaders, pipelines, terrain.
- Able to learn new technology quickly and execute on a schedule in a fast-paced cross-discipline team environment.
- Experienced with version control software (e.g. Perforce, SVN, etc.).