Senior Vehicle Artist
Do you want to work with an award-winning team by creating vehicles for Payday, one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry?
As a Senior Vehicle Artist you will be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the in-game assets. You will be driving and developing the structure and setup of the vehicle pipeline. This puts high demand on technical knowledge and performance as well as visual quality and experience. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written. As a senior the expectation to be self-driven and motivated is high, you are expected to take your specific area and evolve and drive it with minimum inputs if necessary.
- Modeling, texturing and implementation of vehicle models;
- Working with shaders and content setup;
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently;
- Identifying functional and technical aspects of real life assets;
- Participate in design choices and communicate with peers, managers and vendors;
- Work closely with the team and mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive;
- Setting up and maintaining the vehicle pipeline.
- At least 6+ years of experience working as a 3D artist within games;
- Experience from working on at least 2+ released AAA games;
- A great sense of scale and proportions, materials, color and light;
- Fluent in English with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Great experience and knowledge working with shaders, pipeline and PBR;
- Great knowledge and interest in both technical setups and mechanical functions;
- Proven knowledge of asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs, Collision;
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with proven experience in creating realistic looking vehicles.
To be successful in this position you are:
- Well versed with Maya;
- Knowledge in Z-Brush and experienced working in Substance;
- Experience working with Unreal, Unity or similar game engine;
- Ability to work in a team, communicate well and being proactive;
- Good with time estimations, scope assessments and prioritizing within a team structure;
- Structured and technical with experience in outsource management.
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part:
We offer you a position at a company where we value empowerment, agility and ownership. While we evolve we want you to grow with us and to develop as a professional.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resume and meet you!
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously. Send your application with a resume and portfolio in English. All applications must include a portfolio to be considered.