About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
About Product Management At Splash Damage
The Product Management team at Splash Damage help drive the vision of our games from conception through launch and in to Games as a Service. We are focused on the players needs and assist in building and operating games way beyond our players wildest expectations. We are passionate about player data to drive our content roadmaps, in-game events management, game economies, feature development and community management focus to simply make our games better for our players. We understand the needs of our players, our clients and what makes a good game great. We live and breathe games and aren't afraid of making tough decisions for the greater good. We fail fast and often to reach the pinnacle of delivery excellence. Whatever the players and community are calling for, we are there to deliver it to them.
As a core member of our Product Management team, you'll join the effort of forming passionate cross-functional teams in crafting incredible experiences for players. You are on the pulse as the keeper of the content roadmap and responsible for continually developing it based on data and trends. You'll encourage teams to collaborate, push their ideas and suggestions without fear of putting new ideas into players' hands and relish the feedback, good or bad. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping to conceptualize, deliver, improve, and influence creative product at every stage of the production.
A Production Director defines, owns and steers a products vision, strategy, and business model based on a deep understanding of the market, players, game design and engagement/monetization mechanics.
As Production Director you will partner closely with the Executive Producer, Production and Game teams to concept, define and implement engaging features, content, and systems that are aimed at improving / addressed key metric needs and targets. You will be responsible for managing the content and release roadmap, organizing with the product team and development management teams to ensure the product vision is matched by a world class content roadmap that responds directly to what the players love and want. You will be responsible for both the ongoing critical and commercial success of the game and building a best in class game teams.
If you pull this off in year one, you can expect to gain additional scale to your role and everything that comes with that.
What we would like to see:
- A gamer: you love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s why you're in the industry and why you love coming to work every day
- A strategist: your careful planning and dream to produce results makes you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals; responsible for both the long term commercial and critical success of the game.
- A tactical delegator: you know how to get things done by using your tailored and proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development to allow your team to execute on the goals and craft the best product possible.
- Aspirational leader: you help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of collaboration, accountability, creativity, constructive criticism, recognition and appreciation; you communicate daily with the team to update them on issues, achievements, priorities and goals, and lead from the front.
- A data forge: You are able to collect and articulate performance data with the teams and clients on a regular basis, tailoring to meet each business need and constantly making the game better for the players.
- A cool, passionate head: you know that good leadership is based on clear and aligned communication and trust. You are an ambitious leader that constantly maintains a high standard of openness and trust with every team member and expect the same high level of patience from your team as you do yourself.
- Player focused: you understand what impacts on the player experience because you are a player too. You use your vast knowledge in your strive to improve the overall experience. To you the player comes first and you instil this mindset throughout the team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour , national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.