About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Online Programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
We work closely with the design, UI and online services teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. We are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, working in partnership with the product and player insights team. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.
You excel at:
- Taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Ensuring that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- Professional experience integrating external APIs with game clients, including Xbox Live and/or PSN.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience developing supporting systems for online games such as VOIP, profile services, matchmaking, social interaction systems and telemetry.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.