Build / Automation Engineer
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build / Automation Engineer team are responsible for maintaining and contributing to the build and release infrastructure that underpin our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Build / Automation Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to plan, build and maintain the build pipeline and infrastructure that supports the game from both a development and live service perspective. You have experience working with colleagues from multiple different departments to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire build and release pipeline, from the moment work leaves a developer machine to it reaching the player. You will also be responsible for identifying potential opportunities to expand our build infrastructure, working with support departments to identify, procure and setup resources as required.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and communicate opportunities as well as constraints.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Professional experience maintaining, extending and contributing to build pipelines and infrastructure for more than one shipped title.
- Professional experience working with Perforce and TeamCity.
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team
- Experience with any scripting language. (C#, Python pref.)
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN).
- Professional experience integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience working with virtual machines and/or containers.
- Experience integrating automated testing within build pipelines.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.