Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: www.sony.com.
We need you to bring your vision and passion to a team dedicated to reimagining music through immersive media. The Senior Producer will play a key role in managing overall production processes for immersive media content creation.
- Implement production planning and processes with a focus on long term accountability and on-time product delivery
- Oversee detailed milestone schedules and assign tasks to programmers, artists, and designers to maximize efficiency and achieve deliverable dates
- Oversee cross functional meetings amongst key stakeholders to ensure proper communication and planning
- Handle contract negotiations and business affairs with third party production vendors
- Manage P&L for creative production with a focus on tracking and managing budgets
- Act as the primary source of truth for production and executive management
- Participate in focus group planning and research to continuously refine and enhance the product design
- Establish and monitor a regular cadence of milestone check-ins and reviews for both the production team and executive leadership
- Identify and mitigate production risks as appropriate, and communicate regularly to the executive team
- Key participant in strategic planning for organization design, production status reporting and communication strategy
- Collaborate closely with music content programming team and liaise with production team to efficiently execute an ongoing slate of content creation
- Support the entire content production process, including oversight of creative treatments, staffing plans, testing and troubleshooting
- Foster a mature, professional culture of high performance with an obsessive commitment to quality, planning, communication and on-time execution
- As needed, work in partnership with the broader Sony organization including PlayStation, Sony Video and Sound and Sony R&D teams to support the implementation of Sony technologies into immersive music experiences.
- True team player who can work in a diplomatic and level headed manner throughout the organization.
- At least 7+ years of game production experience
- Proven track record in long term roadmap and milestone planning, monitoring and execution
- Expert level knowledge of production methodologies including Agile Stage-Gate and Waterfall
- Expertise in project management with, long term planning, schedule and budget management
- Expert communication skills to ensure continuous on-time deliverables while minimizing risks
- Strong team player who can demonstrate maturity, diplomacy and ability to work efficiently with others
- Experience working across large organizations, including how to strategically navigate multiple divisions to execute goal
- Extremely proactive and results oriented
- A passion for the intersection of technology and entertainment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.