Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Here at Socialpoint, we are delighted to be looking for a talented Mobile Developer to join our Central Technology department, responsible for providing our teams top service and support to our games. Join us and take the opportunity to impact millions of gamers!
Your quest will involve:
- Develop and maintain shared game components in a heterogeneous environment.
- Plan projects and estimate tasks autonomously, communicate with stakeholders.
- Support game teams with component integration & platform related issues.
- Follow new developments and updates in related technology and mobile platforms.
- Work closely with other central tech teams including backend, systems, analytics & tools.
- Research never-seen-before problems and come up with original solutions.
- Help improve our technical documentation and training resources.
To get a better idea of the type of work, here's some examples of projects the team developed in the past:
- Generic chat & friends component for Unity games
- Preparing games to support the latest iOS version
- Release Dragon City in the Microsoft Store
- Generic tutorial component for Unity games
- Support for running integration tests on Amazon Device Farm
- Research Unity DOTs Entity Component System
- Implement client-backend communication using gRPC
- Prepare and present internal training on how to use OSA ScrollView
- Update Marketing SDKs like IronSource & AppsFlyer
Your skills build & XP
- Relevant professional game development experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Profound and disciplined programming skills, awareness of best practices and techniques used in games
- Solid understanding of mobile development (Android & iOS platforms)
- Strong skills in C# and experience using Unity3D
- Performance analysis and optimisation skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledge of C++ and cocos2d-x are a plus
And last but not least, it would be nice if you….
- Have strong opinions on maintaining high quality work, can defend them and are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback.
- You quickly get up to speed with existing code and can adapt to fast changing situations.
- You are able to maintain a balance between the latest tech and stable solutions.
- You want to communicate with and support other game developers
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
Do you want to level up? Press start.
Please make sure you share your motivation by answering a few questions while applying (we are grateful for these extra 3 minutes!) And don't forget about sending us your cover letter, if you want.
A CV tailored to our role will be greatly appreciated. Our recruitment team is here to make your experience as smooth as possible.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time!
We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.