Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
As an Online Engineer you will create the features that connect our users. You will work with game designers and gameplay engineers to prototype, design, implement, and optimize the transmission and storage of the data that drives our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build the server-side components of in-game features
- Create and maintain client libraries that expose online features to gameplay and UI engineers
- Optimize multiplayer netcode and data payloads
- Collaborate with game designers and DevOps engineers to determine optimal solutions
- Document technical designs and instructions
- Instrument and analyze telemetry during development and LiveOps timeframes
- Bachelor's degree or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience as an online engineer
- Solid C/C++ skills
- Familiar with Python
- Proficient with debugging real-time applications
- Understanding of network, multi-threaded and concurrent programming
- Experience maintaining security of server endpoints and systems
- Collaborates and communicates across disciplines
- History working with Windows development and run-time environments
- Passion for developing high quality games
- Basic experience with databases
- Shipped 1-2 games
- Developed on Microsoft, Sony, and/or Steam platforms
- Experience with large telemetry systems
- History working with Linux development and run-time environments
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.