Gameplay Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is currently seeking an experienced Gameplay Software Engineer for our Halo Infinite team! As part of the Combat team, your collaborative work will come to life, developing and supporting character behaviours and maintaining critical gameplay systems in the game. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about gameplay and AI development, who prioritizes continuous learning, and who loves playing games.
- Develop compelling and dynamic AI behaviours and combat mechanics in C++
- Support and extend existing AI and gameplay systems
- Test software and address bug issues as needed
- Work closely with both the SkyBox game team and our partners to maintain clear communication channels and a collaborative approach to game development
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- 3+ years of experience as a C++ Software Engineer
- Substantial experience working in Gameplay on a professional game dev team
- PC and/or console game development experience
- Advanced math skills
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills
- AAA experience is highly preferred
- Character AI or combat experience
- Runtime animation experience
- Experience shipping a AAA title
- Exposure to Pix
- Familiarity or experience with Perforce
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.