Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We Are Looking For:
We are investing in our employees to ensure that each & every Skillzian is set up for success & enabled with the resources to grow, lead and make impact. Reporting to the Head of L&D, Skillz is looking for an experienced leadership coach with a background in the tech/business world who can help managers transform into world-class leaders.
What You will do
- Create development plans for leaders and a system for accountability and leadership growth
- Provide one-on-one and group coaching and Leadership training to leaders and managers
- Help managers step into their positions improve their ability to lead their teams
- Play a significant role in guiding the design of and delivering custom coaching and talent development initiatives
- Work in close partnership with the Head of L&D, HR Business Partner, and Senior Leaders to determine the overall talent management needs for each organization as well as the existing initiatives/capabilities and offerings
- 7+ years corporate experience (Ideally at a fast growing startup) with at least 5+ years in a people management and leadership role.
- ICF-accredited certification and/or extensive experience coaching leaders at multiple levels.
- Experience in building and designing coaching programs for managers and leaders.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.