Head of Performance
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
- Develop, own, and optimize a plan to deploy an 8-figure monthly advertising budget while meeting efficiency KPIs
- Own and maintain relationships with strategic advertising partners
- Interface with the company leadership team reporting on initiatives and team performance
- Own hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of teams members to improve team success
- Interface with content and sales teams to keep a prioritized list of upcoming games launches, product updates, and live events
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience performing quantitative or strategic analysis, preferably in a digital media agency
- 2+ years of in-platform trading experience across major, real-time buying platforms with advanced analytics and optimization capabilities, either at an agency or tech company
- Possess outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Experience officially managing 2+ individual contributors
- Ability to interpret campaign performance while providing creative insights, reporting, and media solutions to solve campaign challenges
- Functional experience with ancillary technologies: DMP, ad servers, tag management, analytics, contextual targeting and research tools
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy
- Nice-to-have: SQL experience, MBA, and advanced degree in quantitative field
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.