Head of Enablement and GTM, Partnerships
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For
Skillz is looking to hire an experienced, highly skilled and motivated Go-to-Market and Sales Enablement leader to scale our business across strategic partners and revenue channels.
As a critical member of the Business Development leadership team, you will empower the Business Development organization with the knowledge, skills, tools and processes to accelerate sales velocity and ensure our business approach aligns with partner objectives. You will be a critical organization leader to shape product strategy based on business requirements and partner with Strategy and Product orgs to plan, prioritize, and implement critical requirements.
As a Go-to-Market leader, you will be the primary liaison to our Product, Marketing, and Operations teams to ensure partnership visibility across teams and that all teams have a clear understanding of their responsibilities to deliver business impact - you will ensure all partner opportunities are activated with precision and with the greatest mutual value.
You are a natural leader who isn’t afraid to own it. You obsess about data, but you’re not paralyzed by it and you can marry it with gut instinct to take action. You are an excellent communicator, partner and collaborator. You like to win.
What You’ll Do
- Enable the Business Development organization with the right approach, materials and operations to execute on strategic account plans to meet the overarching new and paying user acquisition and revenue goals of Skillz
- Develop a rigorous process for structured account planning and partner with revenue strategy to establish the criteria to ensure we’re chasing the right partnerships
- Implement and manage the organizational business rhythms to ensure pipeline health and accuracy, constantly analyzing performance to accelerate sales motion - define, track and report on KPIs for market penetration and overall sales effectiveness
- Build an organization of verticalized subject matter experts with deep endemic knowledge of their category to drive product strategy and sales velocity
- Develop and implement a plan for market education to drive a new type of partnership opportunity - partner with Marketing to develop the right industry education plan, inclusive of content marketing and case study development, industry media and speaking opportunities, and agency partnerships
- Own the go-to-market planning and program leadership for new offerings from alpha testing to wide scale rollout and measurement
- Bring initiatives, campaigns and partner activations from signing to launch and deliver a seamless handoff to partner management - develop a consistent process, toolkits, and internal communication plans to ensure visibility and accountability across teams.
- Partner with Marketing, as needed, and provide deal support to your BD partners by actively engaging in partner specific opportunities, developing compelling proposals, pitch decks, demos, etc.
- Partner with Business Development, Executive Leadership and HR to define and execute on-boarding and on-going training programs to efficiently scale and grow the business development organization across multiple markets and verticals
- 10+ years experience in sales enablement, sales marketing, business to business marketing, go-to-market or related field within tech
- 5+ years of direct people management
- 5+ years experience in digital media or digital marketing with a deep knowledge of advertising and media activation models
- 2+ years experience in gaming; mobile preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated track record for building out and leading teams in nascent and evolving organizations
- Hands on leader with a proven ability to create process, structure and accountability across a matrixed organization
- Excellent storyteller that can craft compelling, market-grounded presentations that communicate the value of Skillz
- Effective cross boundary collaborator and program leader that can adapt to varying departmental cultures to establish consensus and organizational alignment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to respond to feedback and implement ideas in a changing environment
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Marketing & Advertising
- Computer Software