Customer Support Manager
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you thrive on creating the ultimate customer experience? Are you passionate about analyzing Support interactions to find new and creative ways to advocate for your customers? As a Player Support Manager, you’ll play a key role in improving the Player Relations department by crafting best-in-class support experiences, up-leveling our external support operations, and scaling support procedures as Skillz grows internationally.
You will be responsible for managing our Skillz Support Supervisor team, aiding them in creating a culture of growth, transparency and ownership within their respective pods. A successful candidate for this role must have People Management experience, Process Development experience, strong Project Management skills, a strong attention to detail and be able to quickly build relationships with both department leaders and external team leads.
What You Will Do:
- Run a team of support professionals, ensuring productivity, alignment and career growth opportunities across all Skillz locations.
- Create & monitor Support KPIs to gauge productivity and player satisfaction.
- Identify areas of improvement for the department and work with the Supervisor staff to adjust, calibrate and implement protocol revisions.
- Ensure adequate staffing to achieve SLA targets.
- Manage Support process improvements and changes from ideation to rollout.
- Analyze Support data to streamline and improve procedures within Player Support.
- Authority on support policy and procedure interpretation.
- Manage department resources while meeting service objectives.
- Maximize performance while balancing quality
- 3+ years of customer support experience
- 3+ years in a leadership role supervising managers
- Leadership ability (integrity, ability to inspire, empathy, humility).
- Project Management experience
- Analytical prowess and great communication skills
- JIRA experience a plus
- Experience working with Zendesk, knowledge of Zendesk reporting a plus.
- Capable to work independently and prioritize tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams